NCG was pleased to partner once again with the San Francisco Business Times as a sponsor of the 2012 Corporate Philanthropy Awards which was held Wednesday, July 18 at the Fairmont hotel here in San Francisco.
We were also excited to see so many of our members honored during the awards breakfast.
Here are some member highlights:
- The list of Top Corporate Philanthropists in the Greater Bay Area included 18 NCG members–28% of the list.
- NCG members took 13 of the top 20 spots.
- NCG member JPMorgan Chase & Co broke into the top 5 for the first time.
- NCG member Wells Fargo received a “Beyond the Check” Community Partner in Sustainability award.
- NCG member Clorox Company received a “Beyond the Check” Community Change and Impact award.
- Several NCG members were recognized with the Community Commitment Award given to companies who gave 1% or more of their company-wide net profit to community organizations. They included: JPMorgan Chase, PG&E, Salesforce.com, Levi Strauss, GAP, Clorox and Bank of Marin.
The top 10 corporate givers honored at this year’s event were:
- Wells Fargo*
- Safeway Inc.
- JPMorgan Chase & Co.*
- Cisco Systems Inc.*
- Bank of America*
- Genentech Inc.*
- Intel Corp.
Congratulations to all the award recipients and honorees at this year’s event. And for a complete list of the 65 corporate grantmakers honored, check out the latest issue of the San Francisco Business Times.