January 27th, 2014 by NCG
NCG member The California Wellness Foundation (TCWF) has announced the appointments of several new management and professional staff including:
- Breanna M. Cardwell, promoted to communications officer, effective Dec. 30, 2013;
- Patrizia DiMolfetta, promoted to director of finance and accounting, effective Sept. 9, 2013;
- Adriana Godoy Leiss, promoted to manager of digital content, effective Dec. 30, 2013;
- David B. Littlefield, promoted to manager of communications grants, effective Dec. 30, 2013; and
- Angela Martin, hired as executive assistant in the grants program department on October 7, 2013;
- Padmini Parthasarathy, hired as program director on Jan. 6, 2014.
- Deborah Setele, promoted to grants administrator, effective Dec. 30, 2013; and
- Jamie Schenker, hired as project manager for evaluation and organizational learning on Sept. 23, 2013.
Congratulation to Breanna, Patrizia, Adriana, David, and Deborah on their promotions. And congratulations to Angela, Padmini and Jamie on joining the Wellness staff.
Read TCWF’s full press release online.
January 23rd, 2014 by NCG
Last week NCG Member Tides announced the appointment of Kriss Deiglmeier as its new CEO.
Kriss is recognized as a pioneer in the social innovation field and most recently was the founding Executive Director for the Center for Social Innovation (CSI) at Stanford University, Palo Alto. For the past ten years she established CSI as a global leader in the emerging social innovation field. Kriss has more than 20 years of senior management experience that spans the social enterprise, business, nonprofit, and philanthropic sectors.
“Tides has often been called the original social innovator of contemporary times so it is exciting to consider what Kriss Deiglmeier will add to make Tides stronger and better for the future. Tides is a platform full of possibility that will grow with new leadership,” said Stephanie Clohesy, current Chair of Tides Network.
Clohesy continued, “As 2014 begins, Tides is ready for a bright future thanks to the insightful and steady leadership of our Interim CEO, Gary Schwartz, who guided Tides well over the past 10 months.”
Kriss officially begins her tenure on Feburary 19th, at which time Gary Schwartz will re-assume full duties as Senior Vice President and Senior Advisor to the CEO.
Please join us in welcoming Kriss to her new position and to the NCG community.
Read Tides’ full announcement online.
January 21st, 2014 by NCG
Earlier this month The Chronicle of Philanthropy named NCG member Emmett Carson one of its “People to Watch in 2014.”
CEO and President of the Silicon Valley Community Foundation, Emmett “has an opportunity to broaden the impact” both he and the foundation can have thanks to the 2 billion donation that Facebook co-founder Mark Zuckerberg recently made to SVCF.
Take a look at the full list of The Chronicle’s People to Watch online.